Media Contact: Denise Wagner,
National Hunting and Fishing Day, email@example.com
Top 5 Ways to Observe National Hunting and Fishing Day
SPRINGFIELD, Mo.—One of the great annual traditions in the outdoors, National Hunting and Fishing Day, is set for this Saturday, Sept. 27.
For the past 37 years, the day has served as a public reminder that hunters and anglers are America’s premier conservation supporters. Through licenses and excise taxes, they now generate $100,000 every 30 minutes for fish, wildlife and habitat programs—benefiting all citizens who appreciate wild things and wild places.
Top 5 ways to observe National Hunting and Fishing Day 2008:
1. Introduce a newcomer to the outdoors.
2. Visit your sporting goods retailer, treat yourself to a new piece of hunting, fishing or shooting gear, then get outside and enjoy it.
3. Organize, volunteer or attend a National Hunting and Fishing Day celebration in your area. Many event listings are posted at www.nhfday.org.
4. Remember those whose service to our country will prevent them from joining us afield this fall. Appreciate the freedoms that make hunting, fishing, shooting and conservation possible.
5. Log on to www.nhfday.org to learn more about the historic conservation leadership of hunters and anglers. Share the story with non-hunters! While online, enter to win a new ATV or bid on National Hunting and Fishing Day commemorative items.
Urged by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, formalized by Congress, proclaimed by every U.S. President since Richard M. Nixon, National Hunting and Fishing Day has an official home and national coordinator in Wonders of Wildlife.
The Springfield, Mo., museum develops communications campaigns, event-planning tips, promotional items and free online tools to help build public appreciation for hunters, anglers and shooters. Learn more at www.nhfday.org.
Honorary chairman for 2008 is outdoor TV personality Michael Waddell.
National Hunting and Fishing Day sponsors include Wonders of Wildlife, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Bass Pro Shops, The Sportsman Channel, National Wild Turkey Federation, Realtree, Cabela’s, Woolrich, GunBroker.com, Outdoor Channel, Safari Club International, Hunting Heritage Trust, Smith & Wesson, Field & Stream and Outdoor Life, and Yamaha.